Laminate flooring is not actually real flooring but looks like it, with the appearance being provided by a photographic image of wood. This is placed on top of a core High Density Board (HDF) made of compressed fibres and the material is covered in a melamine wear layer, which is what gives laminate flooring its famed toughness. It is less likely to scratch than wood and easy to clean, making it ideal for a crowded and busy house. Laminated wooden flooring mimics the look of a traditional wood floor, while offering easy installation and lasting durability. At a first glance, it can be difficult to spot the difference betwen hardwood and laminate flooring, what appears to be a natural wood grain pattern is really a thin layer of decor paper under a tough as nail protective film that is glued and pressed to a high density backing board. Laminated wooden flooing comes in an array of wood, stone and ceramic shades.
- Brilliant looks, Large variety of wood shades / colours to choose
- Resistant to Abrasion, Pressure. Dent, Stain, Fade, Cigrette ash, Fire and With stands normal scratches.
- Double moisture protection through moisture contriol HDF and moisture reistant film.
- Easy and fast to lay. Floored without glue or nails, perfectly interlocked using click system.
- Can be laid on any existing floor without undulation in just a few hours.
- Dirt repelling and easy to maintain. No waxing or polishing needed.
- Eco-freindly, health friendly, skid / slip proof, soothes rheumatic pains.
- Saves power in Air conditioned rooms / halls / etc as the floor does not get cooled.
- Ideal for homes, Offices, Hotels, Health clubs, Beauty palours, Showrooms, Boutiques, Conference halls and house boats.
LAMINATE FLLORS COMES IN VARIOUS THICKNESS AND QUALITIES.
- Thickness ranges from 8 mm to 12 mm. it is also available in 7 mm which is only used in very low traffic residential areas.
- Top layer is either plain matt / glossy, unique, hand scrap and natural wood pattern. With or without V grooved and U grooved edges.
- Various Abrasion Class laminate flooring are available - AC3, AC4 & AC5.
- AC3 is used in relatively very low traffic offices & homes.
- AC4 is used in homes , showrooms, hotels and offices with moderate / medium traffic.
- AC5 is used in offices, conference halls, malls, Departmental stores, hotels,commercial areas and showrooms with heavy traffic.
- Specialised laminate floors ar available with Silenco bottom to absorb sound. This is used in residential, offices, conference halls, Home theater rooms, studio rooms, etc.
If you are laying laminatred wooden floorings over a concerte or cement subfloor, then you will first need to lay down a damp proof membrane (DPM), this is basically a sheet of plastic usually around 0.2 to 0.4 mm, which helps protect the floor from moisture, on top of this goes the PU foam underlay around 2 mm, this acts as a sound absorption and also helps very minor floor undulation / irregulatities in the the sub floor. The floor where the laminate wooden has to be laid should be levelled without any undulation. .Laminated floors fit together with a click system. This is extremelyt easy and fast to fit. The ingenious CLICK-SYSTEM has a secial shape of tongue and groove, you simly place the tongue of one plank inti the groove of another at an angle and press down. This sophicated and very accurate milled shape makes it possible to create a very tight connection during the installation. The floor can be walked immediately after installation.
It is important to keep laminate clean, as dust, dirt and sand particles may scratch the decorative surface over time in high-traffic areas. It is also important to keep laminate relatively dry, since sitting water / moisture can cause the planks to swell, warp, etc, though some brands are equipped with water-resistant coatings. Water spills aren't a problem if they're wiped up quickly, and not allowed to sit. Basically lamianted wooden flooring are not water proof or water resistant.
Always keep mats or rugs at doorway exteriors and interiors. Grit and dirt will eventually cause scratches and dents, which shortens the lifetime of the laminated floor. Can be vaccum cleaned or mopped with well wrung / well squeeezed cloth with or without floor cleaning detergent. Fans ON while mopping the floor is suggested for a faster dry to the floor. Alternatively, use a mild solution of white vinegar and warm water (1/4 cup of vinegar to 1 quart of warm water), and with a spray bottle, spray a small amount on a mop or cloth and go over a small area with the mop or cloth. Buff dry. Continue until the entire floor has been cleaned. Any excessive water causes wood grain to raise and the wood to expand, crack, splinter and possibly, in extreme cases, to discolor or mildew.
Adhesive felt pads, felt protectors, or furniture coasters are often placed on the feet of furniture to prevent scratches on the laminate floors. Special care shall be taken to see that heavy furniture are not pulled over the laminated floors, they may be lifted and placed when needed.
Exposure to the sun and its UV rays can cause wooden floors to fade, change color, or experience surface checking, and even cause color changes in its protective polyurethane finish. To avoid these problems we recommend using draperies or shades to help block out the sun's harmful rays.
COST PER SQFT : INR 160 + GST